Monday, September 15, 2008

The day that tropical storm Ike came to visit.

After yesterday, I think I can appreciate just a little of what Texas just went through with Hurricane Ike. Of course our winds were about half of theirs. However, gusts of 60 mph winds were not fun to deal with. We couldn't believe the damage that it did. The rain went north of us, so it was all wind. Here are a few photos from around our neighborhood. We only had a few shingles blow off our roof. We were also out of electricity for a good 12 hours. Lauren's school closed for the day. Of course I will have to go to work. I was counting on being off today, but of course the power came on around 5 this morning, televisions blaring and lights all coming on. Thus the reason why I am now awake and posting!

I don't think anyone could imagine what true Hurricane damage can do until you are actually affected. This is not a drop in the bucket to what I have seen on television. Our hearts go out for them.

This is a neighbor's car.









A huge tree in the backyard of a neighbor.


Down the street in a front yard.


A totally uprooted tree.



Debris on a walking path.

No comments:

Post a Comment